Monday 4 July 2016

As Ready as I'll Ever Be

by Joanna


I'm sitting here at home diligently reviewing my packing list. I've done this more times than I can remember. But since I'm "tapering", that's about all that's left to do. Mom is due any minute, driving in from Rossland. 2 more sleeps. 2 MORE SLEEPS!

Countless hours on the bike - both mountain and road, solo and with friends - endless spin classes, PowerFit classes, playlists, yoga, meditation, energy bars, chiro treatments, massages, pep talks... They're all under my belt. And I feel...calm. Shockingly! I feel at ease with what I've done and optimistic about what's ahead. The declaration 'Balanced in greatness' came to me through goal coaching and has been something that has guided my training. I knew that with my goal of completing the BC Bike Race I was pushing for something big, something great, but I also knew all that any of this would be for is: happiness...Joy...Connecting...And growing. With that in mind, I've focused on embracing balance through the lead up to the BCBR. Attempting not to sacrifice relationships, adventures, opportunities, work and most importantly, my sanity, as I work toward this thing of greatness. I haven't always been successful in this attempt and there have no doubt been ups and downs (see: any previous post!), and yet here I am - and I feel fit, I feel happy, and I feel balanced.

I can't wait to see what's ahead. 7 days of riding bikes, experiencing parts of this great province we've never seen, meeting new people, and strengthening my bond with my amazing mom.

Mom, your commitment to this journey (ahem, once we got there) has been inspiring. I could not be more proud of you, or more excited to share this experience with you. Now let's go make some memories!

---

Diana and I will be blogging throughout our ride. Follow along for a day-by-day play of the literal and figurative ups and downs. Thanks for reading and for all the virtual support we've received :)



No comments:

Post a Comment